POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager TODAY’S DATE: 10/30/2018
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
Manager: Divisional Quality Manager
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER: Karen Clontz
REASON FOR ACTION:
The statements included in this Position Specification reflect, in general, the duties
and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
Coordinates QA department personnel & QA activities on a daily basis and prepares long range plans. Leads, supports, and oversees the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the Quality Assurance function. Ensures QA procedures followed.. Develops strategic plans, policies, and procedures to ensure a maximum impact towards customer satisfaction. Serves as chief factory administrator of the company’s Quality Assurance Program
Conduct process capability studies with new and existing suppliers
Conduct Lean work habit groups for production engineering to produce enhancements
Compile statistical data for Pareto chart evaluations
Responsible for quality training for new and existing employees aimed at external customer satisfaction.
Collect and evaluate data, presenting recommendations for quality standard improvements in Pareto chart form
Assists with training of new QA Inspectors; oversees new employee progress through feedback
Facilitates identification of areas which are in need of quality improvements
Works with all levels of the organization to promote the company quality goals
Direct the use of quality tools to check conformance to standards and requirements
Assists as a problem solver for quality manufacturing issues.
Coordinate daily work schedules and overtime requirements on a regular basis
Responsible for reporting the level of quality achieved by production.
Facilitate the identification of those areas, which are in need of quality breakthroughs.
Administrate feedback to drive continuous improvement and respond to customers’ concerns.
Works with all levels of the organization to propagate the company’s quality goals.
Direct the use of quality tools to check for conformance to standards and requirements.
Direct Quality Control activities to inspect and report the status of conformance in material.
Apply Project Management technique to group of quality projects.
Maintain an updated education on Quality Assurance Management and general management.
Work as a problem solver for quality/manufacturing issues.
Assist in development of new and motivating quality training curriculum.
Inspects product for various quality defects and conformance; report results Operations Manager
Other tasks as assigned by Operations Manager.
1. All plant employees
2. All management Staff
3. Regularly interacts with the workers, whose duties include management, assembly, sales, customer service, materials, clerical, maintenance, and engineering.
4. Interacts with other Windsor/Woodgrain locations, customers, and vendors.
This position requires at least one year of experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing/assembly environment or equivalent internship/co-op
In addition, the items below are desirable:
· Experience in window or patio door manufacturing/assembly helpful
· Good communication skills – verbal & written.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
· Good organizational skills & attention to detail
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows a plus
· Time management skills
· Prior quality assurance and manufacturing experience a plus
· Must be a problem solver and a facilitator.
· Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple duties at same time.