Position: Software Specialist
Location: Business Information – Monroe, NC
Purpose of Job:
Complete software testing prior to release and make sure software is functioning properly.
Provide support to internal and external customers using the Power Tools software systems: i.e. Power Tools Quote, Basecamp, external and internal ePortal systems.
Reports to (Job Title): Product Configuration Manager
Primary Responsibilities and Frequency
· Test and certify all new Power Tools Quote (PTQ) product knowledge updates
· Provide PTQ second level support for our Inside Sales and Dealer Network
· Maintain parts offering within PTQ
· Test and certify new PTQ functional releases
· Work with WTS support personnel to resolve issues
· Maintain documentation on current software and training materials
· Maintain knowledgebase in salesforce.com
· Travel to other sites as needed for projects and support.
· Other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned by manager.
Office (climate controlled, dirt/dust when in manufacturing environment.)
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
IBM PC and associated software – Microsoft products and Network, Avante/SAP system, WTS Paradigm’s Software (PTQ)
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
· Attention to detail and specific knowledge with the flexibility or skill to move among different tasks without loss of efficiency or attention to detail.
· Strong Windsor Product knowledge along with basic understanding of the Shop floor / Manufacturing environment.
· Strong Communication stills and the ability to work well with others and end users.
· Understand written or verbal instructions with the capability of accepting responsibility for interpretation and/or solving.
· Strong mathematical skills - e.g. arithmetic algebraic, and geometric calculations.
· Capable of being confidential with sales and profit levels, financial analysis data, and employee wage rates.
· Able to work with little or no supervision.
· Able to develop and maintain knowledge of the product’s design, including both parts and their function to contribute to the position’s primary responsibilities. Knowledge to include historical design as well as proposed changes.
· Advise others to determine needs and communicate alternatives/options.
· Strong Analytical skills
Minimum Requirements to Perform Job:
Minimum Education Required (Experience substitution)
2-4 years of work related experience necessary.
Physical Requirements and Visual Demands:
Frequent sitting. Occasional walking or standing.
Frequent operation of office equipment - keyboard, telephone, etc.
Status: Exempt, full-time
Wage: Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Windsor Windows & Doors is an equal opportunity employer.