Under the general direction of the Plant Manager. The department, manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the personnel activities and processes for the manufacturing area(s) under their control.
Reports to (Job Title): Plant Manger
- Direct Communication with: All Plant Management Direct communication with quality manager, warehouse manager, materials manager, and shipping manager.
- Coordinated activities with Scheduling and Maintenance
- Some involvement with outside sales and customers
- Other Windsor locations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the manufacturing activities for the personnel under your direct control.
- Ensure the continuous development, documentation and training of employees on effective and efficient work methodologies.
- Monitor and motivate the workforce constantly to ensure completion of production & on-time.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of daily activities to the Plant Manager.
- Provide accurate reporting detailing weekly production variances.
- Ensure the department’s safety / housekeeping program is maintained at all times.
- Responsible for enforcing all company policies and to use the Human Resource department for clarification on any and all policies.
- Responsible for supervising and training employees in safety. This includes proper procedures, work practices, and safe methods to do the job. Must enforce Company rules/policies and take immediate corrective action to eliminate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Responsible for driving quality and continuous improvement in all operating processes.
- All other duties or tasks specified by the Plant Manager in accordance with business requirements.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Job:
Three-Five years experience, typically obtained through work in area or related area, as lead person or comparable position. Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent schooling. Must possess good communication skills, problem solving abilities, ability to coordinate activities and multiple functions. Proven leadership and team building skills. Excellent written and oral/interpersonal skills. Microsoft application skills needed; Word and Excel
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Physical Requirements & Visual Demands:
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.