Windsor Windows & Doors, an industry leading manufacturer of wood and vinyl windows and patio doors has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician. The position is at our divisional headquarters facility located in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient at trouble shooting mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems for the purpose of diagnosing equipment failures.
- Analyzes significant equipment failures to determine root cause of failures. Identify areas to improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on plant equipment and facilities.
- Helps to establish preventative maintenance (SOP) standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of single/three phase power systems and industrial controls.
- Completes projects such as mechanical and electrical hardware upgrades.
- Communicate professionally with plant personnel as to the important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and estimated time to complete the repairs or projects.
- Ensures and follows plant SOP’s and (LOTO) lockout/tagout procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Must have a strong electrical aptitude in industrial controls. Systems include, but not limited to: AC/DC motors, frequency drives, power supplies, relays, servo motors, data communications, etc.
- PLC experience in Allen Bradley will be a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
Required background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Send resume to: Kelley.Bowen@woodgrain.com